Monday, November 18, 2013

November Sketchy Challenge

I'm doing a little better than last month's Canadian Scrapbooker's Sketchy Challenge in terms of posting earlier.  Who knows?  I might get December's challenge done on time!
After a ridiculous amount of begging and crying (and exaggerating), I finally got DramaQueen outside for her Fall photos.  Does she like them?  Probably not.  Honestly, I avoid showing her my layouts because she usually hates all of the photos I choose.  

Here is Sue Sykes' sketch:
I have to tell you, those circles in the background confounded me for awhile…until I looked through my DCWV "Cinnamon Luster" Stack:
I knew the colours and patterns in this stack would be perfect for these pics of DQ.  And then I added a few cut-out embellishments from the DCWV "Industrial "Chic" Stack. These stacks make designing layouts so quick and easy, with all the matching papers in one big handy pack.
Can you see that May Arts ribbon sparkle?  I love their glitter ribbon! This butterfly is cut from glitter paper using one of my absolute favourite Spellbinders die:  Donna Salazar's "Wonderful Wings."
If you love your Spellbinders and die cuts, then this is one set you must have!

I'm still hoping to scrapbook some more Fall photos, even though our landscape is looking much more like winter and Christmas!
And look what I saw in the mall downtown!  Yikes!
Can you see 'tiny Kelly' in that gold ornament? ha ha! Didn't plan that.  Hmmmm….now I'm getting an idea for Christmas photos this year! 

Yes, inspiration is everywhere…including the gallery over at Canadian Scrapbooker!  Hope to see your layouts posted there.  Click HERE to visit and see what everyone else is doing with this sketch.

8 comments:

  1. Wowza this is awesome.
    love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and so glad your daughter cooperated a "wee" bit!! LOL How cute
    to see yourself in the Christmas ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout! The colors in it are just stunning and even if DQ doesn't like the photos, I think they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you included two selfies in this post! The layout turned out amazing - I like how you have layered all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome project Kelly, I love how you interpreted the sketch!! I just laughed reading your post, I have a daughter just like yours! All I hear is "Oh Mom.. did you have to pick that one to scrapbook?"... better not to show them, lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, elements and Drama Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout and my tree is going up THIS Saturday 'cause I'm gone the next weekend to Banff :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Lo and I almost had a heart attack when I saw you in the ornamemt and thought " Whaaa??????????? Kelly has a tree up? " then I read on ...duh! But it IS a really great photo idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete