Friday, October 25, 2013

Simple Stories Meets The Sketchy Challenge

Is it okay to post a Back To School layout at the end of October?  Of course it is!

BabyOfTheFamily first day of school Grade 8
This design is based on Sue Sykes' Sketch for October over at the Canadian Scrapbooker magazine Sketchy Gallery.

I've been itching to use these wonderful Simple Stories papers as soon as I saw them.  I mean, who can resist a collection called "Smarty Pants" ?  Not me...especially because this term describes BabyOfTheFamily perfectly.
The layered stickers are from the Simple Stories 'I heart Summer" collection...
That's what I love about Simple Stories....I can often combine collections and everything works so well together.



This fun title is cut out from one of the patterned papers.
I added stitching to the edges of my banners to make them pop a bit.

Not only am I happy to get a Back To School layout done, I'm happy that BabyOfTheFamily will still agree to pose for one! 

6 comments:

  1. GORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the stitching on the tag. Fun page. Pretty Instagram photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun layout and those colors are so perfect for Back to School! ( which reminds me, I haven't done Renee's yet lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely page and yes, it's perfectly fine to post a back to school page now!! Love the stitched banner flags! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure is! I always love seeing your work, no matter what time it is posted! Your back-to-school page is amazing, as always, Kelly! I just love seeing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete