Friday, April 19, 2013

Bundle of Joy

Every Saturday on the Kaisercraft blog, they post a new sketch challenge.  Here is the second sketch for April from last weekend...

I love this sketch...and thought I'd use Kaisercraft's beautiful "Bundle of Joy" collection for a layout and a card...

I'm hesitant to call this a heritage photo....or a vintage design....because this baby girl is ME!
My mother saved my little dress, and when I had my youngest daughter's 3-month photos taken, I pulled out this dress and she wore it!
Isn't her hair hilarious?  It honestly wouldn't go 'down' no matter what I did!  But one month after this photo, her hair suddenly lay flat and never stood up like that again.

My baby photo came from my baby scrapbook that my mother made for me when I was a young girl. Here is the first page of my baby album...
That's mom and me in the hospital, the baby announcement my mom mailed out and the pink tag with all my birth stats was on my bassinette in the hospital.  That small piece of white tape with writing on it was stuck to my back after birth as additional ID, and the tiny newsprint cut out is my birth announcement from the Edmonton Journal. Isn't this album a treasure!  I love my mom. 

Now....back to my layout design.
For embellishments, I used Kaisercraft pearls and white flowers.  I also used some ivory tulle I had in my stash to soften the design...




I also made a card with this collection...
Here is a short video tutorial where I share my layout and card designs and simple techniques with the tulle.

You can also click HERE to watch the video on YouTube.

I hope you enjoyed traveling back in time and meeting baby Kelly (who is definitely NOT vintage!)

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creations and love your photos. My mom also saved a couple of dresses how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work as always Kelly...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No babe ...you are definitely NOT vintage ...yet ! lol. Love what you have done with this pretty Kaiser paper. great tulle techniques too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Kelly Ann, I sure love the photo of you and your daughter! Kudos to your Mom for preserving your memories in a scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorably precious layout! Love that your Mom saved the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the new look to your blog, Kelly! This is such a nice post. How sweet that you have these momentos for your birth. And, you had the dress so your daughter could wear it?! SO special :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this layout is sooo sweet, I love these papers, and they have created a divine layout, and I love your photo, how precious... and how wonderful for your daughter to wear your dress I think that is absolutely precious!! Love your card too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. IT's really precious! Love the layout, and the girls' photos =) You're such a cutie =))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layout Kelly. Like always, you did a beautiful job. What a keepsake to have the scrapbook your Mom
    made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both the layout and the card are amazing. It is so wonderful that you have all these memories from your childhood. How neat is it that your mom was a scrapbooker all those years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWWWWWW! I love your layout and your card! Both are so very beautiful! And the photo of you and your daughter - - are just wonderful. You look alike, your know! (I guess this is where "big hair" began!!) Oh, and I also your baby book that your mom lovingly made! It's so amazing and wonderful to have!!!! I really enjoyed watching your video, too. You go girl!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This whole post was pure fun and joy to read! It's amazing to see how your mom scrapped and now you are carrying on the tradition! How meaningful all the photos and stories are later on! You inspire me to keep going :)

    ReplyDelete