Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sharing....[and Swearing]

If you're a new Follower of my blog, then I should let you know that once in awhile, I share amusing stories about my family life.  Okay, who am I kidding...I like to write about the craziness of having teenagers in the house!

Remember when your babies became toddlers, and you could not get a moment alone...even in the bathroom?  Well, I'm not sure that changes as our children grow older, especially when you have teenage daughters.
Flashback to a layout I made 8 years ago of DQ and BOF :)


I recall listening sympathetically when my friends complained about their older daughters absconding pieces of clothing, shoes, make up and toiletries from their mothers.  And I nodded and smiled, thinking "How sweet!"

However, now the reality of sharing my "stuff" with my girls is sinking in.  S-I-N-K-I-N-G. 

In our home, BabyOfTheFamily and DramaQueen share a bathroom...a nice BIG bathroom with lots of cupboards and space for their "stuff."

But nooooo....they prefer to use MY bathroom....and feel they can share MY stuff.

Example:  I have a bath in my nice soaker tub every night.  It is my sacred sanctuary, a peaceful place where I unwind at the end of the day.

This is what greeted me one evening when I went to run my bath....

 This pink balloon suddenly made me stop and see how my world has slowly but surely been undergoing an invasion.


Here is what I found when I opened one of my bathroom drawers...
BabyOfTheFamily  has been using nose strips...and leaving all the empty wrappers in the drawer
She also leaves the nose strips in random places, like stuck to my hair pick (yes, the hair pick from my perms in the 80's)...


Has my hair pick become a nose pick??
So I decided to take a look into the girls' bathroom...and found a veritable treasure trove of toiletries!
Check out the names of these bath products!! Coconut Frosting, Winter Candy Apple,  Warm Vanilla and Sugar Shampoo, Cranberry Cider Bath Melts
I guess this is the "Beyond" of Bed Bath and Beyond....when the grocery store crosses over into your bathroom!

While I'm using some pathetic leftover hotel soaps my husband collects obsessively...

 the girls have a beautiful and fragrant handmade soap bar featuring music notes...



 They have taken all my brushes and left me one of theirs...
 The make-up comparison is a joke as well.


I use freebie sample lipsticks and "bonus" cosmetic gifts.  Here's where my blush is at right now....
And this is the palette of make up that belongs to DQ...


 Not too long ago, DQ came to me with a sweater in her hands, saying she doesn't wear it anymore and it's a big size, so maybe I'd like it.  

I was touched and thanked her, almost tearfully....and then found the holes when I tried it on!
       BOF leaves clothing for me all the time...to pick up off my bathroom floor after she has a shower...
  A number of people have told me over the years that I'll be sad when my children grow up and move out of my house.  Maybe I will....or maybe not.

I think I'll exact my revenge now, by having a Vanilla Sugar bubble bath and washing my hair with Cake Frosting shampoo....followed by a complete make-over using 25 different shades of eye shadow.  

Payback time.                      

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear...that'll be me in another 13 years or so...should i stock up now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the things I'm sure you could come up with to pay them back Kelly!!! Good luck!! I'm giggling right now, but also kind of shivering since I know I'm in for the same thing in about 8 years when mine becomes a "tween"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO you crack me up and I remember all of that LOL!...love the hair pick hahahahaha OMG I still have mine from the 80s too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get it! My daughter was the messiest make up person alive. But now she lives up near Edmonton and I don't get to see her much. It is bittersweet to see them grow up and I know that they will be having their own kids someday and then they will get it all back. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I miss those days! They are wonderfully grown woman now but I still miss having their messes around! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My BOF (a boy) and I shared a bathroom. He was a clean freak (took at least 2 showers a day). One day I fell getting out of the shower trying to step over................17 bottles of shampoos and body wash............and less than 1/2 of those were mine.

    After he got his own apartment I left some of his body wash in that shower thinking he'd be here to take a shower every now and then. It was a year later I got rid of it. Kind of sad. . . but he's only 3 miles away. Love your story Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny story but another showing of what a good mom you are! Keep sharing the funny stories - we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!! You make me laff!!! When you talked about the hotel soaps your hubby saves...US TOO! I swear we have years worth of soaps and shampoos! Although I don't want silent revenge by using all Taylor's manly scents, he DOES have a drugstore worth of products for his 17 year old body! Keep us smiling! Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was soooo funny! Great post! Hope you enjoyed your bath and pampering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahaha....that sweater was a nice and thoughtful gift though..LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    keep sharing these stories Kelly...I just LOVE them! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you crack me up Kelly! I feel your pain! Nothing I own is safe from Chelsea...the ultimate revenge is when she has it stashed in her room and I have to go in and wake her up to find it...especially when I have to work and its HER day off! Serves her right! LOL You are always so entertaining dear friend! I guess we might as well laugh at all this...it beats crying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG we are living he same life!!! I have bought 16 lip gloss this year... Not a single one is in my make up drawer!!! And Brushes!!! I hide mine in my panty drawer... Only place they will not go look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL. Yes, time for a little revenge! The soap comparison really made me laugh and the poor broken hairbrush they left you with. Aw. Great post, Kelly. So funny and true. You just have to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You absolutely crack me up, Kelly! Thank you for sharing your funny and touching stories with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel your pain! LOL! It did improve significantly when DD1 and DD2 moved, however they still visit frequently and "borrow" things! Every now and then I go to their places to see what I can find of mine and return it home!

    ReplyDelete