Friday, June 1, 2012

The Simple Stories of My Life

Last week I popped into one of my favourite blogs, Write, Snap, Scrap by Izzyb and found out about a challenge over at Simple Stories.  This got me excited because I had made a 2-page year in review back in January, and I taught it as a class at The Urban Scrapbook.  

 The "elements" papers and matching sticker sheet from this Year-O-Graphy collection was just perfect to document our entire year on one layout.

Here are a couple of close-ups of the left and right page elements...
Butterflies are made with a Martha Stewart punch and card stock

This quote is cut into strips from the Yearography patterned paper


Behind each bingo card month is a pocket that holds a tag for journalling....
I made a different stencil/mask for each tag, which is cut from kraft card stock. Then sprayed with a variety of coloured mists.
I added some SS tiny alpha stickers from the awesome Yearography sticker sheet to highlight certain words in my journaling.
  Here are snapshots of each month...
We celebrated DramaQueen's 15th Birthday
 
In February, BabyOfTheFamily turned 12
I met Tim Holtz [gasp] at a special scrapbook event and attended his amazing class
Birthday BoyGenius is 17!
May is all about volleyball tournaments

My dark hair turned grey in June when BoyGenius began driving lessons
A happy weekend away in Kelowna with friends in July
Our anniversary...happily married after 22 years

Our Calgary "daughters" come back to school at the University of Alberta

Newfoundland Michelle traveled across the country to see me, and we attended the Canadian Scrapbooker Carnival together
It's legal!  Our nephew celebrates 18 years!
This candy cane sticker is perfect to showcase December's picture of BabyOfTheFamily on Christmas morning
So that's it....our life in 2011...made simple by Simple Stories!



10 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic lo, Kelly! I love projects like this, I think its such a neat idea to document your year this way. I especially love that there's journalling tags behind each month on your lo! Ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this layout Kelly! What a great idea to scrapbook an entire year to remember in this way. You have a very handsome family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely FANTABULOUS!! LOOOOOOOOVE the design of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly!!!! This is so, so awesome! I love the entire project so much! Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great "year in review" page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love year in review LOs! especially when I'm in it! LOL. Visiting you was certainly the highlight of my year last year!{ now its your turn to visit me!} This Lo certainly hits the nail on the head with the Simple Stories challenge, Kelly! I bet the ladies who attended your class at Urban absolutely loved this awesome LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Kelly!! Amazing job on your layout for 2011. Love the Simple Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and priceless LO Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous way to incorporate the bingo cards and a whole year in review in a double pager. I really love this design and seeing all of those special pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete